2008/01/28

First Day: Malaysia, truly Asia


10 Jan 08

Today is the first day in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We left Bangkok at 7.10 am and 10.15 we arrived at Kuala Lumpur [KL local time- time in Malaysia is faster than Thailand for an hour]. Our caretakers brought us from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to the Pearl International hotel. We arrived here quite early, so we had some free time to have lunch and prepare for welcoming party.

In the evening, there was a welcoming party. We were brought to the big shopping mall and took a ferry to the theme park. The ferry was amazing; it brought us from a small canal to the river outside through the water gate, which can descend the level of water. The scenery was beautiful, it amazed me a lot! We were the first group that arrived at the restaurant so we spend time to walk around and took pictures in the theme park. There are many interesting things, the thing that I like most is the ice factory. There are many carved ice-bricks, it was very cold inside but so beautiful, I did take many pictures!

Then, it was a party time. The theme for the party is “floral night”, so everyone dressed with flower-pattern outfit. I dressed with a brown dress and decorated with a rose pin, which look quite formal, I think I should dress with another colorful dress but it’s too late to think about it T-T. One of my senior decorated her hair with a big lily that was so beautiful.

For the dinner we were treated with local food in buffet style; it was Chinese-Muslim food, which quite strange for me but the taste was good. After dinner, there was Malaysia dancing show, which called “Saba dancing”, it quite similar with one of Thai dancing called “Laos-kra-tob-mai” that use bamboo sticks to tap in steps and let the dancers dance across them, but Saba dancing is more exciting with fast step. My caretaker told me that, In Malaysia there are two big state; Saba and Sarawak. This show is a kind of dancing of native people from the state of Saba , so it called “Saba dancing” , they dressed with the native outfit that contained with many big red feathers.

Then it time for introducing the delegation from eight countries, there are Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Korea, China, Singapore and Thailand. There are also three observers from ELSA Poland [European Law Student Association]. For Thai delegation, we introducing ourselves by sang the king’s song, name is “Oh, I say” in harmonize style and dance, which could interest other very well. The M.C. of the party was so funny; He cans talks in many languages! And he taught us one of the Malaysian native song, which sings “ rus sus sa rung hae, rus sus sa rung sa rung hae, hae ree hut no na jao, rus sus sa rung sa rung hae” which I do not know the meaning but he let us sang many times till I can remember it.

The party was finished at 11 pm. I was so tired, because yesterday I went to bed at 2 am and woke up at 4 am. Then we backed to the hotel and I had to prepare for the table discussion for tomorrow. Now is nearly 3 am, after I finish writing my journal, I will go to bed immediately!

1 comment:

phanphatchara said...

xp

i just wanna know why the ALSA sign is PINK?
Because of the man named MICHIO pa wa?